Nope, not 'over it' yet, soz!

About a year ago, when I first got diagnosed a friend of mine pointed me to the twitter account of someone who’d had a brush with BC a few years ago,  they told me that it hadn’t been serious and that they couldn’t believe that this person was still ‘going on about it’. 

And I’ve had these words in my head of late. It's been a year since this all started. It's been a 2 months since my treatment finished. It's been so long - surely I ought to be over talking, thinking, posting about cancer by now. I’m pretty sure that’s how people around me must feel. It’s how I want to feel sometimes.
But just so you know I'm not over it. And unfortunately for you, there are words swirling about in my head now as I come to grips with carrying on life post-treatment.

 So I won't apologise for the upcoming cancer posts. I won't say when they might stop. Because I just don't know when this will stop affecting me. And I certainly won’t stop telling people what happened because if by posting I can encourage one more person to check their boobs, and maybe help save a life, it’s worth annoying people online. 

Plus, I’ve still got a list of stupid stuff people said to me during treatment, and the joys of IVF and Tamoxifen to tell you about! You wouldn't want to miss that would you!

No comments